Taser Recertification and Hazardous Materials & Bloodborne Pathogens Refreshers
Cale Hoesman, Greene Co. Sheriff's Office (Hazardous Materials Refresher)
Sheriff Robert McMillen, Greene Co. Sheriff's Office (Bloodborne Pathogens Refresher)
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $0
Meets IL Mandates: Procedural Justice | Constitutional and Proper Use of Law Enforcement Authority | Use of Force
- To understand how the TASER overrides and controls the central nervous system of a combative subject
- Know proper aiming and firing
- Be able to reload in a safe and proper manner
- Recognize when the TASER is armed and ready to deploy
- Know how to install batteries
- Proper utilization of the laser sight
- Understand probe placement ballistics
**EQUIPMENT THAT OFFICER MUST PROVIDE** (see Flyer)
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS REFRESHER - 29CFR1910.120 - www.osha.gov/SLTC/hazardouswaste/standards.html
OSHA has issued a standard to limit occupational exposure to hazardous materials. This training assists officers in meeting the required standard and remaining in compliance with this standard.
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS STANDARDS - 29CFR1910.1030
OSHA has issued a standard to limit occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials. The standard mandates engineering controls, work practices and personal protection equipment that, coupled with employee training, will reduce on-the-job risks.
*PLEASE NOTE: Federal rule as adopted by the Illinois Department of Labor requires an annual review of plan by each department to insure that it is up to date and that each employee on an annual basis reviews plan and hazards and has the opportunity to ask questions of employer.