Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $0
Meets IL Mandates: Law Updates | Constitutional and Proper Use of Law Enforcement Authority | Civil Rights
To Attend the ARIDE course, you must be SFST certified.
- The concept of “drugs” in the context of DUI Enforcement
- The role of eye examinations in disclosing the possibility of impairment
- Medical conditions and other situation that can produce similar signs of impairment
- Identification of the major categories of drugs
- The observable effects of each of the seven major categories of drugs
- The physiological effects likely to result from various combinations of drugs
- Appropriate procedures for dealing with drug-impaired or medically-impaired suspects
- Legal Issues association with impaired driving
- Pre- and post-arrest procedures
Please Note: This training will NOT qualify an officer to serve as a Drug Recognition Expert
Prerequisite: This course is designed primarily for police officers who meet the IACP/NHTSA National Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Program Standards and who have successfully completed a course using the IACP/NHTSA approved curriculum.
Audience: Patrol officers, DUI Investigators and supervisors, prosecutors, and those aspiring to become Drug Recognition Experts. Completion of the ARIDE class also meets the IDOT/NHTSA Refresher training requirement for hire-back grants.