Pittsfield Police Department
Due To an Anticipated Retirement
THE CITY OF PITTSFIELD
IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF
Entry-Level Full Time Police Officer
Applications are available at:
Pittsfield City Hall, 215 N. Monroe St., Pittsfield, IL 62363
DEADLINE: @ Pittsfield City Hall - 4:30 PM Central Time on Friday, April 6, 2018
APPLICANT MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- US Citizen
- Be at least the age of 21
- Possess a high school diploma (GED Equivalency accepted) or greater
- Have a valid drivers license
- ILETSB Certified or able to complete Certification
- Possess strong moral and ethical standards: personally and professionally
- No felony conviction. NOTE: some convictions for misdemeanors or serious traffic offenses may also disqualifiy applicants from further consideration
- Must meet and adhere to the department's personal grooming standards and uniform policy
- Must live within 1 mile of the City limits 6 months from date of hire
APPLICANTS MAY BE SUBJECT TO
- In-depth interview
- Comprehensive background investigation
- Medical/Eye examination
- Drug Screening
- POWER Testing
- Consent release of information
May direct email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Girard Police Department
OPENING FOR A FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICER
Must have state certification as a Part-Time or Full-Time Police Officer
Health, Dental and Eye Insurance
Death Benefit Policy
PICK UP APPLICATION AT GIRARD CITY HALL
111 West Madison
Girard, IL 62640
Police Officer Testing
Quincy Police Department
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. CITIZENSHIP - Must be a United States Citizen. If not a resident of Quincy, applicant must agree to move to and live within the boundaries of Adams County within 6 months after appointment.
2. EDUCATION- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree is preferred.
3. AGE - Not less than 20 1/2 years or more than 34 years at the time of testing. *No age restrictions for active full-time law enforcement officers.
4. All applicants must pass the following to be considered: written examination with a score of 70% or higher, background check, and oral interview. All applicants must pass the following to be hired: physical agility test, psychological and polygraph tests, a physical examination and a drug test. Applicants will be furnished a fact sheet explaining various points about being a police officer.
$50,237.74 up to $51,996.06 with educational incentives
* Lateral transfers $50,237.74 - $64,693.24
Plus subsequent increases and benefits
The City of Quincy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Quincy Police Department is a Veteran’s OJT Facility. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. *The Quincy Police Department has lateral entry for active full-time law enforcement officers. Starting salary for lateral entry officers will be based on the officer’s level of experience up to 5 years.
Applications are available starting January 19, 2018 at Quincy City Hall, 730 Maine Street, Quincy, Illinois, 62301, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and online at http://www.quincyil.gov/employment. Applications must be returned to the Board of Fire and Police Commission, 730 Maine Street, Suite 123, Quincy, Illinois, 62301, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 23, 2018.
If you have any questions contact the Fire and Police Commission office at 217/228-4545, or e-mail your questions to: email@example.com.
Testing will be Saturday, March 17, 2018, starting at 9:00 a.m. Applicants should report to Quincy University Health and Fitness Center, 1800 Oak Street, Quincy, IL 62301.