Defensive Tactics & Handcuffing
Member's Fee: $0
Non-Member & Civilian Fee: $125
- Provide officer training on the basic concepts of MSCT (Musculoskeletal Control Tactics) when in hand-to-hand scenarios and in order to proceed safely and efficiently through handcuffing a suspect.
- To improve officer readiness in assault situations.
- Provide officers with the proper vocabulary and verbal commands.
- Reduce the propensity for officers being injured on duty.
- Meet state “use of force” and “procedural justice” mandates.
NOTE: This course is designed to be 8 hours in length. There will be a short classroom period where students are encouraged to take notes. The majority of class time will be spent with hands-on learning and practical application.
MAXIMUM 14 STUDENTS – MINIMUM OF 6 – MTU-9 OFFICERS GET PRIORITY